What's my process?
I can answer that really quickly, in five minutes or so. So, here we go!
First things first
At first, we'll have a nice quick chat, so I can listen to what has been done and what you're looking for. I'll also ask some quick questions like:
- What's the main idea behind the new outreach campaign?
- What's your best highly linkable content you have and want links for?
- Can you share the links I'm going to build on your social media?
- Can you provide me with a mirror domain email, so I can outreach on your behalf alongside my own emails?
- Can your writers provide me with content? I need 2-3 pieces monthly, each of 1k words
I have a proven white hat link building process that I follow, so the next step is to research your niche and prepare for the outreach.
The Setup Stage
A onetime setup fee is needed to:
- Configure google search operators for your niche
- Scrap SERP for prospects with Netpeak Checker
- Check the data for basic metrics with Ahrefs API
- Manually research prospect emails for better results
- Validate gathered emails to double-check delivery
- Configure outreach tools, add personas and signatures (I use Buzzstream)
- Prepare a report of the work done in the setup stage
How much is it?
Yeah, you're probably thinking another "busy work" retainer for doing nothing. But in my case, the setup is an absolute must in order to provide a genuine outreach service, not reselling/brokering spammy sites from spreadsheets with 300% broker margin.
I need prospects, a lot of them. For most of my clients, competitor link building has already been done and there are simply no new "easy" opportunities for them.
That's why the first month is so heavy and setup is an absolute must for me, taking into consideration how reasonable my pricing is.
How do I perform prospecting?
I use a set of google search operators and search queries relevant to your niche
I use intitle, intext, -site, and inurl to find sites that meet the following criteria:
- Must be a blog (intext:"recent posts", intext:"write for us", intext:"editorial guidelines" inurl:"write-for-us", inurl:"contribute" etc.)
- Must have a strong relevancy and contain at least one exact mention within the article body and one exact mention in the title.
For example, here is how it looks for a freelance-tool-related project:
intext:"recent posts" + intext:"invoice templates" + intitle:freelance + inurl:tips
I pick niche relevant keywords, related to the main product line or services as main indicators of highly relevant posts.
Operator1 Keyword1 Keyword2 Keyword3 Keyword4 Keyword5 Keyword6 Keyword7 intext: "Invoice Templates" "contract maker" "contract templates" "invoice generator" "proposal template" "invoice template google docs" "time tracker"
Then, I create variations of search queries by using combinations of intitle keywords + intext keywords and other search operators. These 50 searches can give me around 700 raw prospects; after all checks, I expect at least 200 worthy link opportunities to work with.
I use a combo of Ahrefs API + Netpeak Checker to parse all of the prospects from Google SERP, check them for Ahrefs Organic Traffic and Domain Rank metrics; I remove from my list all of the sites with low traffic <1k and less than 20 (<DR20)
Additionally, I research a list of prospects from my client's top competitors, then I compare (vlookup) gathered prospects domain URLs with your current link profile to avoid a possibility of link duplication from my outreach campaigns.
Who wants to pay for a link that he already has, huh?
How do I research prospects' emails?
The key for successful outreach is to address THE RIGHT people, so I've built my process on manual research. I delegate that process to my VA, who is highly experienced in data mining. His job is to manually research each site and find the person who is behind content creation, for example, editor, staff writer, content manager, or a site owner if it's a personal blog.
I don't use any automated email grabbing/extracting software for two reasons:
- These "easy to get" auto-scrapped emails are getting spammed heavily on a daily basis
- Some of the email finding tools violate GDPR by scrapping emails from 3rd party sites
How do I know if my VA found an email manually and not via some tool?
I ask him to add links to pages where he found the email. It wasn't that hard, was it?
Even after the manual research, I still validate my emails with Neverbounce, to check if these emails are still working properly.
Here is how it looks after research work is done:
- The Outreach Stage
With the right site prospects after my research, a specialist will finish gathering emails while I proceed to outreach and here is what you need to know:
- I only follow white hat methods to avoid sites that are massively selling links
- I look for sites that actually care about their audience
- I give value to them by providing great content, tips, suggestions, useful links, or linking back to them in order to reciprocate the link, so there's always a mutual benefit
- I don't push with offers or cold pitch the wrong people, I always ask for permission and the right person's contacts before pitching.
Here are some of the methods I use
- Brand Mention Claim - reaching out to websites that have mentioned your brand or name but haven't provided a link
- Skyscraper - running a Skyscraper Technique campaign to reach out to websites to get them to link to your content
- Resources - reaching out for inclusion on featured resource pages and posts
- Offer Expertise - reaching out to sites with expert roundups to offer your expertise
- Roundup - reaching out to sites that do link roundups to include your post or arranging our own expert roundup.
How do I reach out to sites?
I want to give you a glimpse of how my outreach emails look. They vary from campaign to campaign, but you can get the overall idea.
So, usually, on the first touch, I want to determine if I reaching to the right person,
So, the first email sequence looks like this:
When I get the right contact, I heavily customize my email by pointing out the BENEFITS for my prospects, so it's mostly about a WHAT I CAN GET FOR YOU kind of approach:
Every email sequence is powered by Buzzstream CRM, but I don't want to focus your attention on its features as it covers all link building needs.
As a result, I get safe, authentic links from real sites that are not spammed with paid links. Check out my latest case study with more email examples and links that I've built.
In order to do so, I need to outreach to around 100 prospects to get a few links. Therefore, I need to launch my campaigns in bulk within a month in order to get white hat backlinks on a constant basis.
Therefore, it's impossible in this process, to promise the exact number of backlinks with specific metrics because the outreach is genuine and I'm not paying for links, which means I have no guarantees of a successful link being published within a certain timeline, as it is in the regular guest posting service.
Review of the whole process
Here's an overview of the entire process:
What you read above is what you'll get when hiring my white hat link building service. There are no tricks up my sleeves or aces in the hole. It's all about my expertise and know-how in finding the best prospects where I can build a link to your site.
What's the best way to reach me in case if you have (and you most definitely have) questions?
Just fill out our form below so we can discuss how I can help you to grow your site's organic traffic in a safe, white hat manner, saving literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on paid advertising and generating untold numbers of paying customers!